Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Very Hungry little Caterpillar First Birthday

This is actually a very fun theme for boy or girl baby showers or birthdays and such cute things one can find on etsy and target :)
 The very first thing I work on for birthday is a muse and that turns out to be party hats, One can find already made ones on etsy or one can make them theirselves. With some hot glue you can do it too. I think it makes one think outside of the box or something. When I work on a hat or draw my ideas for someone to create I start geting ideas for other thigns as well
 This might be to much for some people but I found it very unique and cool. Great for an invite :)



This is something I thought is great for any first birthday party is the growing caterpiller and watching your child grow through the months to where they are today. Guests LOVES this idea because some people were not there from the start or live to far to get to watch them grow.
 Now even if you do not shop at this store going to their website and giving them your time is just as special
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/design-studio/invitations/caterpillar_party.html  Pottery barn really loves to make a house a home and a party have light :) They have so many great ideas to do that it is just so much fun to just look at all their things they have to show. I find myself hours on their site and yes I do buy things from them here and there when I have extra to spend in that area and their outlets are just as nice. Their goods are all made with quality and non toxic chemicals so I have noticed and that being said even the used iteams I get at thrift shops and online auctions and outlets are just as good as new. If you buy new you will know it is almost child proof and will last a long time from wear &tear :)

Invites
 I loved these as party favors or as personal invites they had lots of CHARM :)

This is the one my friend went with. She made it all by herself. Cut out all the fun colorful circles

printed out the card changed wording. Super cute

 As for party favors she hand stitched the names of each guest and the caterpillar as well as these cute bibs.
 The Party was a mommy and baby party only :)

Find the Bugs



A Puppet Show which I think is amazing to have at a first birthday because the children are so excited and into it because it is different and moves and colorful and new. When reading books it helps to ahve puppets to catch there interest and focus. She even gave away little finger puppets to use with your Erick Carle book

 Costumes

 Coloring and so much more
I provided the clay butterfly and caterpillar and watermelon and wooden blocks

 Their take off the pottary barn site:)

 A party is not a party without ballons

 Food the restrant actually made alot of the food that was in the books she just gave them the cards to place and the cupcakes and cake


Beautiful Details



Baby got into the cake I coverd up the marks with strawberries :)

 more party favors JELLY BEANS



 Clothes :) Shoes matched her daughters
Dress was handmade
 Babies are like little Caterpillars and bloom into beautiful butterflies :) With all sorts of colors

Hat was also Handmade ;) of course

 By Kena Bows :)


Tristan wore a stiched shirt that had the hungry caterpillar on the word one with some cargo gear from  http://www.naartjiekids.com/



As for me I dressed up as a butterfly of course ;) and had a matching hat and caterpillar on a ballet leotard with rainbow tutu and had wings on but took them off as I was leaving ..I
wouldn't get stuck anywhere .




My favorite thing about the party was the bubbles they had blowing everywhere and the fact that it was in a historical landmark and an actual garden tea house

No comments:

Post a Comment