Saturday, June 29, 2013

First Birthday- Dr Seuss

Morning of Birthday :) Baby sleeping Mama has time to get make up and hair done ;P

Because it was a Dr seuss party I had to go all out. When you have such fun themes to work with why not make it a game of fyn. Details are something that I like to work with ever little one. at Birthdays even if it is not my own I like to dress the part. Being a character of a wonderlous story of my son's life is an absolute honor.
Red Shoes and nails are my statement piece as a seuss hat is to the cat. then of course I had my own top hat made by
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CandysHatsAndACC  Her halloween ones and alice in wonderland are out of this world
You can make it however you like add whatever you like. She has a wonderful gift.
As for the dress this was done by my deaqr friend Daniel Munoz
So now that I am dressed what about Tristan....Since it was his first birthday I went all out on costumes. He had three dress changes one for fun and games
Two for Cake SMASH...Which by the way was absolutely SMASHING INDEED

I just set him on the table since it would be easier to clean and he just went for it :)
Last was a Opening Gifts outfit
Location and Games Since he was a baby there is not much for a baby to do quite yet so I had his birthday at the museum where he see's all sorts of attractions and it is fun for all ages as for game we had dancing and arts and crafts ..the crafts can also be party favors the kidos take home :
First Dance

 Happy Birthday Seuss sign in book

 Catch the sneenches ball

 thing1thing2 game of sorts this one is where's the hat

Put the strip on the hat

 craft :)
THE CAKE
There is so many cakes to choose from you want taste but also design when going for details and themes but also affordability and practicality
Now I love love love this cake however unless you are baking it yourself and having the party at your home it is hard to transport the cake in one piece, The other is copy rights it was so hard to find a bakery that could do dr seuss cakes unless they had the copy rights to do so. And the ones I found tasted bad or well scammmy kept changes their prices ,
So then I became in LOVE with this cake...however I soon found out fondant was soo princy and butter cream characters look droopy and melt to quickly or smear and you just dont know what your gonna get from a cake artist but their word Sooo I knew I was an artist and could draw so I drew

 The balloon candles are from Target and the 1 I painted with t shirt paint with dots that too is from target.

 
The cake itselt they could not do dr seuss but they could do red and white stripes and so we did that and then I added fondant stars and baby to the cake and came with a moon http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/CreatingMemoriesbyanafeke/4933762/fondant_cat_and_the_hat_cake_topper/handmade/edibles/candy/other


Then I made the kites out of wood cardbored material and added jewelry wire and craft bowes and then made a ball from a wooden bead and a book out of the same wood cardbored and ripped paper to put between and then the mini canvase for the cat in the hat.

 LET THEM EAT CAKE

 for a more affordable easy quick cake. One cake flat square or round and candles doodle with frosting tube name and poka dots or balloons and add a greeting card or aquarium fish tank piece like I found dr seuss reading a book at the fish tank store and then like boats for a pirate theme one and so fourth and you can also find one at the cake shops some supply everything in one bundle price. EBAY IS ALSO GREAT :)
Now I had two parties one on his actual birthday and one for all his friends to come. :)
 Bag of Fruit

 Party hats with added sparkle

 

 

 Don't forget pics with your guests






 puppets from the crafts

snoopy even made it:) His room is snoopy so I bring a little snoopy everwhere

 
green eggs and ham- eggs are devil eggs with food coloring




From His Real Birthday DAY :)


 
We started off with ice cream for breakfast with a birthday story and then a drive to our adventure
 Tristan loved animals so we went where we can find some

 Cake smash


 
Play with all the New toys nah I prefer the balloons :) priceless



No comments:

Post a Comment